Thursday 10 February 2011

How many Villa players in the England squad?

If I were Gerard Houllier, I would've spent all of today at my desk, calling all the other premiership managers saying

"Hi, le Petite Gerard here,how's it going? ...

Cool, I was just wandering how many players you had in the internationals this week? ...

That many? Well, it's the thought that counts. At least you tried. ...

No don't feel bad. ...

No, please don't cry. ...

No, Arsene, please don't get upset ...
...
...
...
Sorry, I've got call waiting. Monsieur Learner is on line two. Okay, bye now, bye, bye, yeah, bye."

However, I am not Monsieur Houllier. Yet I have been sat at my desk a lot of today. And have't been overjoyed by the way some visitors have been treated today.

Yesterday, however, was a very different story. There was I, sat in the meeting room with visitors from a potentially new Bristol school, when a thud shakes the door frame asunder. Was it year 3 asking for their lunch? No. Someone trying to get me to say my three dinners were ready. Neigh. A member of year 6 with some good work to show. Non.

It was infact 8 - yes, eight - members of year 6 with good work to show. And mighty fine work it was indeed. One of my visitors came to look too, and, after they had all gone, he told me how impressed he was, and that he was an ofsted inspector, and that he thought our year 6 books were of the highest quality. Put that in your peep and schmurk it!

What else is there to say except...

That is all.